Hello fellow Library School-ers! My name is Brianna Hoffman, and I’m your SCALA Vice President. In place of a traditional bio, here’s a list of random facts that will help you get to know me a little better and somehow tie together the last 30 years of my life:
- • I was born, raised, and currently reside in the Tri-Cities, Washington
- • My favorite Christmas gift as a child was the Subscription to National Geographic stuffed into my stocking every year
- • My overactive imagination produced an imaginary friend and countless written stories when I was little
- • I graduated from Washington State University with a Bachelors in English (English Literature) and a Minor in Anthropology
- • I love, love, love college football
- • I met my husband at WSU – he’s from the West Side of Washington, but I somehow convinced him to move to the East Side
- • We have two children: Riley, almost 6, and Morgan, 2
- • My children are hilarious… I’ve got some great stories… Just ask!
- • I work as a Library Page at Richland Public Library
- • I love my job, and the people I work with are amazing
- • Libraries are my sanctuaries
- • I absolutely love Twitter – follow me: @Librarian_Bree
- • I will read just about anything, but it’s mostly YA these days
- • I’m a wealth of thoroughly useless pop culture information: music, movies, celebrity gossip, bad reality TV… you name it
- • The Discovery Channel, The History Channel and The Learning Channel are most often on my TV (when it’s not SpongeBob)
- • Although I’m mostly terrified to be here, I think I’m in love with Library School… Shhhh! don’t tell anyone!
I’m really excited to be a part of SCALA! Please don’t hesitate to ask me questions, or give me ideas or suggestions on how we can serve you better!