Smith Memorial Union, Portland State University
March 21st, 2014, 5pm
Gina Bacon, Matt Giroux, Jennifer Rogers, Katherine Pitman, Gary Furuyama, Chris Evans, Berenice Prado, Tami Chapman, Jamie Foster, and Pete Schreiner
- Bookdrive: “Liberty Through Literacy”
o Kickoff Event
- 6:30pm April 12th at Hubers in downtown Portland
- Decided against purchases appetizer platters
- If we don’t fill the area, there is a possibility that Hubers will seat there.
- Donation bins/jar for $
- Pete will have a car that night to transport donations to Gina’s basement
- Looking into possible donations of baskets: Whole Foods, Portland Nursery, etc.
- Take photos for blog/Facebook/etc.
o Dropoff Locations (please get specific info to Pete ASAP for collateral material)
- Pete: Newspace (Portland)
- Gina: Wholefoods (Portland)
- Katherine (2 locations in Salem)
- Jamie (south Sound area)
o Collateral: Pete
- Poster for kickoff party
- Handbills about drive (not party) with dropoff locations
- Include SCALA email address on materials
o Other advertising
- OR-LIBS Listserv – Gary and Chris to post details and invite library community
- Books (keep a count of any received)
- Paperbacks preferred
- Popular, recent titles
- Friends of Library could take books that can’t be donated
- Cash donations
- Deliberated and decided to accept donations, though the focus should be on books
- Donation Bins:
- Create your own for your dropsites (make sure it doesn’t look like a trash can J)
o Cutoff Date: May 12th.
- Next meeting: Friday, April 11th.
o Discuss logistics behind book delivery
- Keep a count of any donations received
Minutes submitted by Jennifer Rogers, Secretary