Smith Memorial Union, Portland State University
April 11th, 2014, 5pm
Gina Bacon, Kim Olsen-Charles, Matt Giroux, Jennifer Rogers, Katherine Pitman, Gary Furuyama, Chris Evans, Berenice Prado, Tami Chapman, Jamie Foster, and Pete Schreiner
- Bookdrive: “Liberty Through Literacy”
- Kickoff Event
- 6:30pm April 12th at Hubers in downtown Portland
- Youth Correctional facility staff will be present
- Donation bins/jar for $
- Berenice to bring jar
- Pete to bring tape
- Take photos for blog/Facebook/etc. – hashtag?
- Book Storage
- Gina’s basement in Portland
- Katherine’s home in Salem
- After May 12. Early June?
- Reimburse gas for drivers
- Check with facilities for delivery availability
- Alert media?
- Try to split half/half – let facilities deal with books they cannot use.
- Keep count of any books received.
- Cutoff Date: May 12th.
- Next meeting: Friday, May 30th.
- SWOT analysis of book drive
Minutes submitted by Jennifer Rogers, Secretary