We will be doing registration at the OLA/WLA-Joint Conference. We will know more details in January, so if people ask about volunteering, just ask them to check back after the new year.
- The blog theme for December is Web2.0. Michael Baird has provided a substantial amount of info for this endeavor.
- We want to encourage people to post feedback/comments to the blog, which will get discussions going and make people want to revisit the site.
- Perhaps we can ask people to post comments (especially those students we know will be excited about this kind of forum).
- Pinn is going to create a monthly e-newsletter, which will provide “headlines” and link to the blog.
- She is looking into using “zinester”, which is a free (though for-profit) service. Ads seem to be very minimal.
- Pinn will automatically put everything up in html so people can see the blog via email and not have to link to anything.
- Pinn will post to the wiki prior to publication for a test run.
Rachel Bridgewater will be our next Brown Bag Speaker. Gordon will write up a bio of her and send it to Michael for publication on the blog.
- Pinn has already posted about the Seattle Public Library trip to the blog. There is video footage as well, which she will send to Michael for publication.
- Next trip: OSU Library would be a great trip for those interested in archives – Monique is looking into setting up a tour.
*OSU Librarians will give us a tour, but only during the work week (M-F)
*Date possibly the 1st or 2nd week of February. We will talk with students to see what date is the best.
The next activity will be bowling. Anne will head the committee on this activity, and Anika will take on the activity after that.
- We need to raise money if we want to have any funds. Ideas?
- Making sack lunches available for purchase at speaker events
- Benefit show (perhaps student bands could play?)
What do we call ourselves? We will discuss and come to an agreement via wiki.
Saturday, January 12th, 12:15pm. Smith Memorial Hall.