Announcements / Business:
- SCALA newsletter – Pinn is doing it weekly, so email her any additions by Saturday. Candise will add this to the SCALA-One notes.
- Nike Library Tour – We will not attend, since they can only accommodate us during the week (regular work hours).
- OLA/WLA Joint Conference Volunteering – We have a schedule.
- Candise will pass out the signup sheet in the 804 class, then get the schedule back to Erica.
- Michael will look into creating a sign-up forum on the blog.
- They really need volunteers for Thursday and Friday morning.
- SCALA Bank Account
- There is a long process involved in creating a bank account in SCALA’s name.
- We will not be tax-exempt.
- There is a $50 application fee, but we will be able to cover it with the $100 check from Cecelia.
- The next meeting, we will go over the application process.
- T-Shirts – Amy has a great idea about a t-shirt design.
- We could take pre-orders to cover the start-up costs.
- Perhaps send them to other library blogs / conferences
- Could we set up a PayPal system on our blog?
- We will discuss designs on the wiki, but also bring it to the larger group
- Next Event – BBQ at Anne’s on April 12th. People can bring food on Friday night so we don’t have to have it in class all day on Saturday.
Next Meeting – April 12th, 12:15pm.