Skip to content
- SCALA BBQ:
- Officers voted, and decided to have it at Norma’s house.
- We need to organize carpools and get the word out
- It will be Banned Books week, so we could bring banned books to share with the group
- Gordon has organized a trip to the Seattle Public Library
- Erica and Gordon decided to organize it to get the ball rolling, but that day is not convenient for many of the officers who would like to go
- We will talk to people to see what days are most convenient
- Other social event suggestions:
- Trip to OSU library.
- SLIM-OR band night (for those about to rock).
- ePals. Sort of like penpals. We could link with other cohorts in different states in order to boost alliances. We could make selections based on shared interests.
- Book share. We could find a forum to write reviews and let it be known what books we own and would be willing to share. Possibly a reading group?
- Erica is working with Candy Morgan on Banned Book week events coordination. She will post a list of things that need to be done.
- Social Committee will organize and send over a description of their roles to Michael to post on the wiki.
- If SCALA officers want a picture on the blog, please send one to Norma via the Flickr account or email
- We need a process for setting up and organizing events.
- Amy has created an action plan. She will post it to the wiki or ask Michael do so.
- Upcoming Conferences:
- InfoCamp (in Seattle) – tech oriented. October 13th.
- It would be good to organize for these events in advance so we can set up group trips to conferences.
- Speakers: We will continuethis discussion on the wiki.
- Perhaps John Webb would be willing to speak on November 10th? It is a day when both OR-7 and OR-8 have classes.