Officers Present: Michael Braun Hamilton, Zoe Fisher, Pinn Crawford, Shannon Mahoney, Laureen Burger and Eura Ryan.
SCALA members present: three
- Bank account transfer – everything went fine. Michael has all the statements and will hand over to Shannon
Financial Report (Treasurer)
- Shannon is going to make a folder for the finances in order to aid with organization and the handover to the next Treasurer. Click here for the Treasurer’s Report.
- T-Shirts – unanimous consent to have a competition for new t-shirt designs.
- Eura will announce the contest and we will set up a survey to collect submissions.
- Need to schedule something soon! – Michael and Candise both going to Sofia so Pinn agrees to help coordinate November events.
- Unanimous consent to have a bowling event on 11/22. Shannon suggests issuing raffle tickets at events and having a small prize (t-shirt?) at each event to boost interest. We will try and set up a “MAXpool” to get out-of-towners to the Hollywood Bowl easily.
- Unanimous consent to also have a speaker on 11/22. See below.
- Unanimous consent to have a library tour in the first two weeks of November. See below.
Outreach to Other Distance Programs
- Michael is collecting email addresses of individual students. We agreed to generate a list to add to event invitations etc.
- First event to invite others to will be bowling on 11/22/08
- Content for blog – Laureen is looking for content. Ideas include a theme of the month and a library Haiku segment.
- Updating Resources page – Zoe to update the submission dates and other relevant information
- Laureen to create a wiki for SCALA
- All members present voted for three speakers.
i) Allie Flanary (Emporia Alum – PCC) (3 votes)
ii) Jeff Crump (Emporia Alum – MercyCorps) (3 votes)
iii) Jason Eiseman (Emporia Alum – ORSLA President) (4 votes)
iv) Patricia Welch (Director of the North Portland Library) (2 votes)
v) Molly Raphael (Director of Multnomah County Libraries) (3 votes)
vi) Holly Blosser (Emporia Alum – FVRL Training Coordinator) (0 votes)
vii) Connie Behe (Emporia Alum – FVRL Circ Supervisor) (0 votes)
viii) Sam Wallin (Emporia Alum – FVRL Reference Librarian Info Services) (2 votes)
ix) Lee-Anne Flandreau (Emporia Alum – FVRL ILL Services Manager) (4 votes)
x) Ruth Shafer (FVRL Youth Services Librarian) (0 votes)
xi) Jennifer Railsback Klump (Emporia Alum – Education Resource Advisor
Northwest Regional Education Laboratory) (5 votes)
- Michael will contact the top three, Jennifer Railsback Klump, Jason Eiseman and Lee-Anne Flandreau, about speaking.
- Idea to contact people who do not speak to generate blog posts for us.
- Reed – provisionally for November 8th. Michael to contact. Pinn and Eura to organize from there.
- More ideas to be submitted to Facebook discussion page.
- Now that we have events and such, Eura is ramping up the issues.
- Unanimous consent for “e-meeting”. Zoe proposed Meebo. Date TBD. (addendum 9:00 PM Tuesday Nov. 25th