The Emporia State University Student Government recently awarded SCALA $1,268 to assist select students with travel costs to national and regional conferences. In an email to the SLIM listserv, Dr. Cecilia Salvatore outlined the scholarship application process:
“Students should apply to receive these scholarships as soon as
possible. Students who will be presenting or who have formally signed
up to volunteer at these conferences will be given preference. A
committee will review the applications.
Email Dr. Cecilia Salvatore (email@example.com) or Matt Upson
(firstname.lastname@example.org) – Please label the email subject heading: “SCALA
Scholarships – Your Name”
1. Your contact information
2. A 2-page statement describing why you should receive financial
assistance to attend a specific conference and how attending that
conference can contribute to your professional growth
3. An abstract of your presentation (if you plan on presenting).
Remember, preference will be given to those who will be presenting.
“Deadline: If you are planning on attending the ALA annual conference
in July, please turn in your applications by June 1. All other
applicants please apply by August 15.”
ACRL-OR will award two scholarships to the ACRL Washington and Oregon Joint Fall Conference (Oct. 25-26, 2007) at the Pack Forest Conference Center in Eatonville, Washington. The scholarship will cover the registration fee for the conference, which includes room and board, and a $30 remittance to assist in covering travel expenses.
Applicants must be:
* A member of OLA or willing to join before the conference
* A librarian working in a library in Oregon or a student in an ALA-accredited library program who lives in Oregon
* A first-time attendee of Pack Forest
Download and complete the scholarship application (MS Word format) at http://www.olaweb.org/acrl/scholarshipapp.doc
Applications due: September 14, 2007
Applicants need to:
* Write an essay, not to exceed 500 words, that describes your interest in academic libraries and in the theme of the conference. The theme of the conference is: “The Visible Librarian : Establish Your Presence on Campus.”
* Provide a resume with your application.
* Submit via email attachments all application materials. MS-Word files preferred.
Applications are due September 14, 2007. Scholarship recipients will be announced by October 5, 2007.
ACRL Scholarship Web page: http://www.olaweb.org/acrl/scholarship.htm
Address applications and questions to:
University of Oregon