Review of Prom Survey
-Acknowledge the OCLC requirements for an event
-Acknowledge the idea of eventually using it to fund other avenues of fund raising
Q Center and Prom Ideas
– The costs are less than we were anticipating
-Remember working with us, and would love to work with us again
– Sending out a survey to the library community to pick a theme- us libsor
– OLA is in mid-April
-Marketing committee to solicit ideas for themes and how to implement
-May 16th as a possible date, people won’t have homework- we have decided this from 7-10
– Photo booth situation
– Okay with alcohol and outside food, catered or homemade
– have to be involved in set up clean up- ask about the time frame for those
– $50 for the form
– Hire OLCC certified server
– 2 “substantial” items if serving wine and beer, 3 options if serving hard alcohol. Substantial+ main dish like pizza or sandwiches
– Using the middle-eastern food, same place as before
– possible DJ benefits- cheaper, quieter, different music
– get people to submit songs, we play on it on a device, and mix it ourselves, Q center has a music center to play from
– Semi-formal to formal
-Take turns doing photo booth
– Think about who we know, and what we can do for non-profit
– costs, waiting until we get full costs to provide the cost of tickets
-Letter press printing or post cards or posters- Anne
– Fake tattoos as a party favor- Amanda W
– Bake Sale, Post Cards
– Marketing – create posters, coordinate effort, set up Facebook Group (Amanda W, Gary, Amanda K)
– Fundraising (Powell’s)- restaurants for food- t-shirts (Amanda, Jennifer)
– Food/ Beverage Committee- find out who we are working with, get and bring kegs, get cups and plates and such ( Shaylyn, Gabby)
– Decoration/ Details Committee- (SCALA colors are Blue and Silver) (Anne, Haylee, Sylvie, Mindy)
Class Weekends for OR 14- Feb 27-28 and April 10-11
If your attending Library Prom – Between the Stacks, we could use a few items to help make it a success.
If your interested please let us know: slim or scala at gmail dot com (no spaces)
Item Have Need Position Filled?
|sign for front door||x|
|bottle openers (x 2)||X||Filled|
|cash box for drinks||X|
|cash box for door||X|
|Platters and bowls for snacks?||X||Filled|
|punch bowl (non-alcohol)||X|
|ladle for punch||X|
|Bowls for Snacks||X||Filled|
Emporia State University Student Chapter of the American Library Association presents our 4th annual
Library Prom – Between the Stacks
May 12th, 2012 // @ 7pm to 10pm
Q-Center PDX // 4115 N. Mississippi Ave
RSVP on our Facebook event page! Tickets: Advance RSVP = $6
At the door = $8
DJ Bruce LaBruiser
DJ Dewey Decimal Photobooth by Bloodhound Photography
MUST BE 21 AND UP // $3 drinks // Light Refreshments
Above is a picture of the beaming trivia night winners from our first ever library themed trivia night and another of the contestants deep in thought with our wonderful host Greg! The event was organized as a fundraiser for SCALA to benefit the Librarian Prom, coming up in May. Approximately 30 library enthusiast were in attendance to battle for an old card catalog drawer filled with miscellaneous items, candy, and chocolate. It seems that everyone had a good time and many were excited at the prospects of continuing the event in the future. Thank you all for participating and making the event a success!
*Greetings fellow librarians!
This is just a quick note to let you know that Librarian Prom is underway!*
*Between the Stacks: Librarian Prom*
Where: Q Center PDX
When: May 12th, 7-10 PM
Why: To raise money for future SCALA events and to celebrate the light at
the end of the tunnel!
Hope to see you there!
On the right hand side of the blog page, you can see a sample from our Flickr stream. The latest photos are from librarian prom. To see more, check out the rest of the SLIM-OR SCALA Flickr Pool.
SCALA is pleased to announce official details, from prom organizer and SCALA event coordinator Amanda Meeks, on the 3rd Annual Librarian Prom!
Who: Librarians, library students, appreciators of libraries!
When: Friday MAY 13 at 7 PM
Where: The Q Center in North Portland
Dress: to impress
Ticket information is coming. Mark your calendars folks!